CMS DRESS CODE
Clothing and accessories are required to reflect neatness, cleanliness, and good taste. Students are expected to be modestly dressed and groomed. Students who fail to comply with dress code policy will be assigned lunch detention and will be required to change clothing before returning to class.
Dress Code Requirements:
- Students shall wear shoes at all times. Closed toed shoes are recommended. Athletic shoes are required for P.E.
- Students’ pants shall be worn at the waist and pants may not have holes, in the upper thigh area. Undergarments should not be exposed. Form fitting pants such as yoga pants or leggings should have appropriate coverage.
- Students shall be permitted to wear shorts. Short or extremely tight shorts or skirts are not appropriate. Shorts must be the length of the fingertips when standing straight up with arms fully extended on the thigh.
- All students shall wear full coverage shirts or blouses reaching the armpit area. Shirts must cover midriff area and may not have spaghetti or thin straps less than 3 inches. NO racer back cut tank tops or see through clothing. Undergarments should not be exposed.
- Clothing displaying profanity or inappropriate material may not be worn at school.
- Distracting jewelry and hair styles are prohibited.
- Masks, face paint, disguises, and costumes are prohibited.
- No head coverings, including, but not limited to: caps, hats, bandanas, or hoods shall be worn at school. (Exception: Knit caps may be worn outside during cold weather.)
- Students are required to wear a PE uniform when participating in gym.
- Pajamas and slippers are not acceptable school attire.
**Please note dress code must be followed on special event or dress up days. **
Please refer to Nassau County Code of Conduct for a more extensive explanation of the Dress Code.
STUDENT CELL PHONE POLICY
Cell phones are a distraction to the learning environment. Therefore, cell phones must be turned off and kept in backpacks (not in the pockets of clothing) at all times. If cell phone is visible, it will result in the phone being confiscated by school personnel. Parents will be required to come to the school to pick up the cell phone. Smart watches are not to be used as communication devices while on campus. Wireless earbud accessories are also prohibited.