It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to Southside Elementary...home of the Li'l Pirates! We are pleased that you have taken the time to visit our website. Southside is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. It is our mission to "positively empower each other to make good choices, to become life-long learners and responsible model citizens." We invite you to visit Southside Elementary to meet our fabulous staff and see the awesome things our students are learning.
Kindergarten and New Student Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year
Kindergarten and New Student Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be held on June 22nd -June 25th. Click here to reserve your time today!
Please bring your upcoming Kindergarten student with you to registration. Kindergarten teachers will be available to administer a readiness screener. We look forward to meeting our future Lil Pirates!!!
Due to Covid-19, we recommend only one (1) custodial parent/ guardian and the student at registration. Please plan on your appointment taking approximately 30 minutes.
Elementary End Of Year Information
- Teachers will be contacting parents the week of May 4th to schedule end of the year conferences and celebrations that will take place the week of May 18th.
- In order to have final grades for report cards, all student packets will be collected by Friday, May 15th. We believe that Week 8 Instruction and assignments will enhance students' achievement and grades: however, students will not be penalized if they are not able to complete Week 8 work by May 15th.
- Report cards will be posted in Focus on May 26th.
- Teacher request cards for the 2020-2021 school year will be available electronically on individual school websites May 1st- May 22nd.
- Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be held June 22nd- June 25th.
We appreciate your partnership in your students' education. Please contact our front office if you have any additional questions. Go Li'l Pirates!
Spring Pictures Update:
The printing plant is currently closed. When they open back up they will begin filling orders again. In the meantime, you can still order spring pictures if you would like. If spring pictures were already ordered through the school, they will mail them to the school once they are printed. If they are ordered from this point on, once they are printed, they will be mailed to the address provided by the parent. We will make a plan for distributing pictures and post the details here and on our website when more information is available.
Currently, the plant that prints our yearbooks is closed, so we do not have an expected date for arrival. As the plant opens back up, they will begin filling orders again. In the meantime, you can still order yearbooks if you would like one. Yearbooks will all be delivered to the school. We will make a plan for distributing them and post details here and on our website when more information is available. Thank you for your patience.