Please allow up to 10 business days for a response to a bus stop request. If you would like to request a bus stop, please fill out the bus stop request form and forward to our office (email or fax, 904-225-9404). Please try to submit your request as soon as possible, school bus routes are developed during the summer.
The following guidelines for bus stops are set by Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Codes, and Nassau County Administrative Rules:
- Parents must ensure the safe travel of their students during the portion of each trip to and from school and home when the students are not under the custody and control of the school and the assigned bus stop when the district provides transportation.
- No student, except for special needs students, is provided with school transportation if they live within one mile of a school, for K-5 students, or within two miles of a school for secondary students, 6-12.
- School transportation shall be between home and school, school and home, and on a public right of way.
- School bus stops shall be no further than 2/10 of a mile from an elementary student's residence and no more than 4/10 of a mile from a secondary student's residence, when possible.
- In order for Transportation to be provided, the public road must have adequate clearance and a safe turn around area, if needed.
- Spur routes shall be in excess of one half mile, be a safe road, have satisfactory clearance and a safe turn around area.
- The designation of school bus routes, bus turning areas, and student stop locations shall not be left to the discretion of the bus driver or the parents/guardians of the students.
- The full capacity of each school bus shall be utilized.