All information regarding AP Testing for 2020-2021 may be found on the FBHS website. Please go the tab 'Students and Parents', then look for 'Testing'. There is a link on the page regarding AP testing information. Thank you.
What is Advanced Placement?
AP is a rigorous academic program built on the commitment, passion, and hard work of students and educators from both secondary schools and higher education. Taking AP classes benefits students in a number of ways:
Favorably Impacts College Admission
- Students who take AP courses send a signal to colleges that they're serious about their education and that they're willing to challenge themselves with rigorous course work.
- 85% of selective colleges and universities report that a student's AP experience favorably impacts admission decisions.
Offers Financial Benefits
- Students who take five years or more to graduate can spend $21,500 for each additional year in college, to cover tuition, fees, living expenses, transportation and other costs.
- Research shows that students who take AP courses and exams are much more likely than their peers to complete a college degree on time.
Builds Skills and Confidence
- Students learn essential time management and study skills needed for college and career success.
- Students dig deeper into subjects that interest them, and learn to tap their creativity and their problem-solving skills to address course challenges.