Student registrations are handled at each school and require specific documentation from the student and parent. A helpful list of items needed to enroll a student are identified below, but please feel free to call the enrolling school to verify you have all required documents before arriving to register.
- Child's birth certificate
- Health examination certificate by a private physician or the County Health Department (The examination must be reported on a special form provided by the Health Department.)
- Certificate of immunization for the communicable diseases of poliomyelitis, mumps, diphtheria, rubeola, rubella, pertussis, tetanus, varicella and Hepatitis B
- Child’s Social Security card
- Proof of residency (e.g., lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)
Immunizations and health examinations:
The Nassau County Health Department will administer shots for children who will be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2017. There is no charge for shots. Health examinations will be available through the Health department, once a month, by appointment only. Appointments for shots and examinations may be scheduled at the clinic sites. Phone numbers are provided for each clinic below. Some late evening appointments are available for immunizations. Parents should call for an appointment at the earliest possible time.
Fernandina Beach Clinic - 1620 Nectarine Street, (904) 557-9130
Callahan Clinic - 45377 Mickler Street, (904) 320-6010
Hilliard Clinic - 37203 Pecan Street, (904) 320-6020
Yulee Clinic - 528 Pages Dairy Road, (904) 875-6110
For students registering that have been in a previous school, we request that any educational documents (e.g., report cards, IEPs, etc.) are brought to the school at the time of registration.