TAKE THIS SIMPLE AND FAST QUIZ TO SEE HOW YOU'RE DOING WITH YOUR ELLs!
On a scale of one to five, with five being the best:
1. Do you ensure that at least 90% of what is said and/or materials shared in the classroom with your ELLs are in the target language? _________1-5
2. Do you use a variety of strategies(visuals, concrete objects, hands-on experience) to make language comprehensible? _____1-5
3. Do you frequently check for understanding in a variety of ways throughout the lesson? _____1-5
4. Do you provide opportunities for your ELL/s to acquire language in meaningful contexts? _____1-5
5. Do your ELLs actively participate in a variety of language learning activities throughout the lesson, and when applicable, are they engaged in pairs or small group activities. _____1-5
If you scored 20 or above, pat yourself on the back, you've got this.
If you scored 15 to 19 you're getting there.
If you scored below 15, I will be happy to visit to help support your instruction in the classroom and also help you with accommodations so that your ELLs are successful. Please call or email. I'M HERE TO HELP AND YOUR ELLs WILL BENEFIT FROM ALL THE EXTRA SUPPORT!