Nassau County Schools’ K–12 curriculum is composed of a wide range of textbooks and other instructional materials. Each school year, the district adopts a new curriculum in one major subject area according to the state of Florida's instructional materials adoption cycle. The instructional material adoption process includes opportunities for the public to review materials, provide feedback, and submit requests for the reconsideration of adopted materials.
Instructional Material Adoption
The textbook adoption process includes input from community stakeholders, including teachers and parents. The Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) adopts course instructional materials for each subject area and school year. More information on state requirements and procedures for instructional materials can be found on the Florida Department of Education website.
Nassau County School District
Instructional Materials Adoption Timeline 2023-2024
Social Studies and Science
- NEFEC Science Instructional Materials Review Fair, K-5 (School Personnel Only)
- NEFEC Science Instructional Materials Review Fair, 6-12 (School Personnel Only)
- NEFEC Social Studies Instructional Materials Review Fair, K-12 (School Personnel Only)
October 23 – November 2
- Call for District Committee Members to serve on Social Studies and Science Adoption
- Timeline for Social Studies and Science Adoption Presented at School Board Meeting
November 3 – November 21
- Adoption Timeline posted on Instructional Materials Website
- Training opportunities provided regarding review, guidelines, and evaluation of instructional materials (Finalized dates TBA)
- K-12 Publisher presentations to committee
Presentations at Wildlight Elementary School, from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
December 11 – January 11
- School teams review and vote on materials through the Edcredible Platform
- Deadline for school votes to be submitted and tallied
- School Board Workshop – announce 20-day Public Review period to begin January 11, 2024
- Public Review Period Begins
Recommended materials will be available for public review digitally via the district website
- Public Review Period Ends
- Public comments will be heard at School Board Meeting
- School approval of recommended materials for adoption
Materials selected by stakeholders will be ranked in order of selection and vetted against the State's Adopted Materials List. All final selections will be approved and adopted by the Florida Department of Education. Updates will be posted when appropriate.